INSTRUMENTAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM INFORMATION
Please keep this form for your records.
• All instrumental lessons are taken for a minimum of one semester, consisting of 15 lessons. Fees will be charged during the semester. There are no fee refunds.
• School tuition fees are required to be up to date before consideration can be given for a student to participate in the Instrumental Development Program; given the additional fees the program incurs. Please contact the Business Manager if you wish to discuss this matter further.
• Any additional lessons that are taken above the allocated 15 or any credits that are required will be added to the following semester’s fees.
• A minimum of 6 weeks’ notice before the end of the semester is required from parents if lessons are to be discontinued the following semester. The lessons will be assumed to be continuing if no written notice has been received and fees will be charged accordingly.
• If a teacher is absent for a class, the lesson will either be made up or a lesson credit given. We regret that where the student is absent owing to being on holiday, illness or other appointments, the music tutor is unable to make up the lesson and the full fee will be charged.
• Lessons may be scheduled during school time on a rotation basis to avoid missing the same lesson each week. Timetables will be available electronically.
• Each student is responsible for checking his/her timetable, noting the lesson time and maintaining a music journal (obtained from the music department).
• Students are required to inform class teachers when they have to attend an instrument lesson so the teacher can note why they are absent from class.
• If a classroom assessment has been scheduled at the same time as an instrumental lesson, it is the responsibility of the student to contact the music department to re-schedule his/her instrumental lesson. Students must give as much notice as possible for a change to occur. Notifying the music department on the same day as the change is needed is not sufficient notice.
• If a student is attending a non-compulsory school camp or excursion, he/she must give the instrumental teacher or the music department a minimum of one week’s notice so that lessons may be re-scheduled.
• If a student is attending a compulsory school based activity, camp or excursion, the lesson will either be made up or a lesson credit given.
• A student must return promptly to his/her regular timetabled period as soon as the individual music lesson has finished.
• Parents are requested to encourage regular practice according to the tutor’s advice, check and sign the music journal on a weekly basis and supervise the care, cleaning and maintenance of instruments.
INDIVIDUAL INSTRUMENT LESSONS:
$37.67 per lesson = $565.00 per semester (15 lessons)